TEC Automation offers a wide array of flexible solutions for assembly.
Examples of TEC completed machines include automated assembly and inspection machines for medical devices and surgical instruments, high throughput flexible assembly workcells for the manufacture of munitions, indexing machines for the assembly of automotive electrical components, autopopulate and autobrazing machines for the HVAC industry and in line machines for the assembly of friction materials such as brake pads.
Our technology base includes
- Fastening – such as screw driving, nut running and gluing
- Part presence sensing – vision, infrared, laser and color sensing techniques are used
- Pressing – pneumatic, hydraulic, servo, air over oil
- Part marking – labeling, pin stamping, impact, laser, ink jet
- Thermal joining – ultrasonic, brazing, laser, arc and spot
- Robotics – Cartesian, 6-axis articulated and SCARA
- Electrical testing – HIPOT, continuity, aiming and current measurement
- Leak testing – pressure decay, flow testing, mass spectrometers and vacuum
- Traceability – pallet ID, barcode and RFID tag based systems and their data collection systems
We are a flexible machine builder – TEC machines are based on the appropriate mechanical backbone for each project. For example, we manufacture synchronous machines based on dial indexers or in line walking beam units, asynchronous machines such as part to pallet systems with pallet pools and hybrid machines that combine these and other techniques. We are also a robotic systems integrator and take great pride in our ability to recognize where and when a robot is the best fit.
TEC machines are built to the specific requirements of each manufacturing plant with maximum uptime and with ease of maintenance in mind.