Why Robotic Automation?
A well-done flexible automation system turns a collection of machines into one predictable and programmable process.
This predictability allows production personnel to optimize unit costs, volume and quality. Further, the flexibility of a robotic cell allows the plant to run a variety of parts and/or processes on one asset.
The human and fork truck handling involved in the receiving, inspecting and issuing of material; the processing, packaging and shipping of your products most often represent costs rather than profits.
The result of implementing robotic automation is that each process step is organized and optimized to add value.
Financial and Strategic Benefits
- One robot can provide the labor equivalent of 3 to 5 people
- A robot will work on a 24-hour basis with over 95% utilization
- Reducing human touches will lower your per piece cost
- A flexible automation system is an efficient use of capital – robots have a residual value and may be redeployed
- Your competitive position will improve
- Your customers will respond positively to the technology
- Our robotic cells are set up to be run by readily available operators
- Your labor variable costs will be reduced
- You will be able to maintain control of your manufacturing
- You will be able to keep your manufacturing in the USA
- You will be able to limit human-to-process interaction resulting in a safer work environment
- Flexible automation allows personnel to move up within the organization
- Your staffing challenges for labor-intensive processes will be eliminated or reduced
- You will likely see improved overall throughput of quality parts; the cell represents the pinnacle of value-added only operations combined with, if chosen, 100% inspection
- A robotic cell provides real-time and correct production information
- You will see shorter manufacturing cycles mainly due to the improved ability to optimize planning and to run small batches; even batches of one
- You will experience more efficient production planning, as the automation will be there on time, every time
- The robot may perform multiple processes adding value without human intervention
- Flexible automation provides improved utilization of the other machines it interacts with
- Robots eliminate operator errors by replacing human touches with a proven machine program
Why TEC Automation?
- Local – Canton, GA is located in northwest Georgia with ready access to Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee, North Carolina and Florida
- Experienced – 15 years and hundreds of completed robotic cells including palletizing and packing, machine tending, dispensing and material removal as well as inspection and assembly
- Depth – all disciplines in house, vertically integrated
- Flexible scope of supply – stand-alone robots, end-of-arm tools, services or the complete turnkey packages
- Industry-focused – 60% of our customers are first-time users of robots
- Long-term support – committed to service after the sale
- Teamwork approach – you know your process, we know robotic automation – we respect your knowledge as we provide ours